Field Service Technician - Detroit at Peloton
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the delivery of premier customer service and product repair to Peloton Commercial customers and reports to the Field Service Supervisor. The Field Service Technician position exercises considerable independent discretion and judgment to support and service world-class fitness equipment, including cardio, strength, video, and networked systems. We are looking for someone that will be the face of the company to our customers located within 50 miles of Detroit MI and Toledo OH. Ideally located within 50 miles of Monroe MI. The role provides a high level of customer care and technical troubleshooting to resolve product and customer issues at customer locations.
The technician provides technical assistance to other servicing agents and end-users. You install, troubleshoot, analyze and repair, Precor Peloton Commercial fitness, and entertainment equipment. You ensure a sound working relationship with customers in a defined territory. The Technician works with a computer dispatch system for accurate record keeping.
- Independently isolate and resolve issues raised by Precor customers
- Manage your appointment schedule with the customer following dispatch from a home office
- Directly interface with all levels of customer organizations on a wide range of product topics
- Install new equipment and/or modifications
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and adjustments
- Provide technical support to the customer via on-site and telephone support
- Advise or train the customer on proper operation and maintenance of their Precor equipment
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts
- Maintain your company-supplied vehicle in good working order
- Minimum of AA in Electronics, Technical School Degree as Electronics Technician, or equivalent Technical Training
- Minimum of 12 months as a Field Service Technician working with Fitness equipment or products of equivalent or greater complexity
- Must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license for the territory which you will be covering with a clean driving record. A motor vehicle check is performed as part of the background screening process.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.