Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Director at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help every pet live the longest, healthiest, and most joyful life possible. The Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Director is core to this mission and will ensure every customer can trust our brand to offer the highest quality product. They will create and oversee our Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure we only deliver the best product to our customers and have a high degree of confidence in everything we produce.
If you have prior experience providing leadership, direction, and management for Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory programs, we’d love to hear from you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop The Farmer’s Dog Quality Management System (QMS) to manage food safety, quality and regulatory programs, ensuring compliance to support our current business and future innovation and renovation projects
- Serve as the food safety, quality & regulatory ambassador for suppliers and co-packers to ensure our ingredients and food are held to the highest standards, and ensures a seamless exchange of technical and product information with all functional areas
- Build and maintain dashboards to monitor food safety and quality KPIs, striving to continually improve metrics
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions, ensuring we address all customer feedback and improve our customers’ experience with our products
- Perform food safety, quality & regulatory risk assessments and audits to validate new manufacturing partners, suppliers and fulfillment centers
- Become the internal subject matter expert to lead process improvements for food safety, quality & regulatory across the organization
- Collect and study data to understand trends and issues in order to provide input to decisions related to product safety and quality. Collaborates with other functions to advance awareness and education of food safety and quality based on data collected.
- Provide technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance of products. Collaborate directly with Product development, external manufacturers, supplier teams to ensure early management tools are used for all new product start-ups.
- 10+ years of Food Safety & Quality and manufacturing experience in compliance with FSMA under GFSI standards, with a minimum of 7 years managing food safety programs at third party manufacturers.
- Experience collaborating with co-manufacturers and suppliers’ QA teams, product development teams, and external service providers.
- Brand/Customer focus with the ability to manage ambiguity and balance stakeholders’ expectations.
- Strong relationship skills to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaboration internally and externally to deliver results.
- Excellent communication across all levels of an organization.
- Proven negotiating skills for conflict resolution.
- Proficient use of statistical and analytical tools.
- HACCP Certified
- Remote friendly position
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous parental leave program
- Flexible PTO policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup