Head of Client Success at Onna
We’re Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today’s businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We’ve built the world’s first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world’s leading companies like Facebook, Slack, Electronic Arts, and Fitbit, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today’s most popular workplace applications. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization’s proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
Onna is engaged in an active phase of growth and we are hiring across our offices in New York City, Barcelona, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, London & Toulouse. We are thrilled to be able to welcome new team members from across the world to a work environment which is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We provide our people with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Head of Client Success to lead our World-class team. This position will be responsible for defining and executing the success coverage model, defining specialization, driving client success outcomes, optimizing the client lifecycle, and measuring and enhancing effectiveness. The Head of Success will also own and iterate on the existing playbook and manage key strategic accounts.
Internally, the Head of Client Success will inspire across the company by creating a company-wide culture of Client Success by building strong alignment with internal teams:
- Align with Marketing around messaging to existing clients
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Drive company-wide definition of our ideal client
- Create a company-wide client feedback loop
If you’re excited to join a small but fast-growing team, we want to meet you! Our work environment is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We’ll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a World-class Client Success Team: Attract and recruit high-potential individual contributors and experienced leaders for each functional role; Create rapid onboarding process for new team members; Encourage continuous learning within the team; Foster collaboration within the Success team and Onna stakeholders
- Define and execute on the success coverage model (enterprise, mid-market, verticals, etc.)
- Define department specialization: implementation, escalation, client support, account managers, renewals, etc.
- Expand the client onboarding and training processes and maximize engagement in the platform
- Drive client Success Outcomes: Increase renewal rates and reduce churn; Expand our revenue in accounts through cross and upselling; Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, client satisfaction, and overall health scores; Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define and Optimize Client Lifecycle: Map client journey; Define segmentation of client base and varying strategies; Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Manage Client Success Activities: Onboarding; Training; Client Support; Value Reviews, Renewals; Cross-sell / Up-sell; Advocacy
- Measure Effectiveness of Client Success: Define operational metrics for team; Establish system for tracking metrics; Create cadence for review within team; Expose subset of metrics to executive team, company and board
- Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology: Support systems; client marketing software; Health and advocacy solutions
- Work closely with Sales to identify new opportunities
- Manage key strategic accounts until team scales
- Own the POC/POV (proof of concept/value) program ensuring prospects clearly experience the Onna value
- Build presence through events and represent Onna at various speaking engagements; Learn from and share industry best practices
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for technical or business-related degrees
- 5+ years of experience with leading teams in client-facing organizations
- Experience working with large-scale B2B SaaS solutions at Fortune 500 companies
- You have proven success in building trust and driving results for a broad range of stakeholders: C-Suite, senior executives, developers, and day-to-day users of the software
- You have a combined background of post-sale and pre-sales experience
- Experience with Google Apps & Microsoft Suite. Experience with CRM and Success Softwares.
Who you are and what you can do:
- You have expert communication & presentation skills; above-average public speaking ability.
- You are analytical, process-oriented, and demonstrate a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue SaaS business models.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others; you have the ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building.
- You are diplomatic, tactful, and poised under pressure in the face of technical and/or client challenges. You corral the right people to resolve and see the issue through to resolution.
- You have the ability to navigate complex organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration and evangelize opportunities for growth.
- You have an aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating (both written and verbal) technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability.
- You are an expert in excel and/or google sheets, and have the ability to create complex models
- You have a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
Benefits we offer:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly group activities
- Commuter perks (location-specific)
- Dog-friendly office (location-specific)
About the product & Onna’s funding:
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical knowledge. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.