Head of Dedicated Customer Success - North America (East) at Asana
We’re looking for an experienced manager to provide strategic and operational leadership for our Dedicated Customer Success (dCS) teams that manage a portfolio of key mid-market (MM) and enterprise (ENT) customers across the eastern region of North America (NAMER).
As a CS leader based in New York, you will report to the Head of CS for NAMER and lead a fast-growing function responsible for driving change management and customer adoption, building champion relationships, and developing mission-critical workflows -- all to ensure customers are growing in a healthy way in line with the goals they have for Asana. You will lead and inspire fast-growing teams to help customers adopt Asana as both a product and a new way of work within their organizations.
Dedicated Customer Success Managers (dCSMs) act as trusted advisors to Asana’s most important customers and work in close partnership with Account Executives and other supporting roles to provide lifecycle management to high-value customers.
You must be a hands-on leader who enjoys leading from the front and getting into details while also being able to think and act strategically. A core priority is to be a leader for your team, acting as a mentor and a coach who is able to guide team members through challenging situations and help them keep customer engagements on track. You'll do this all while keeping pace with rapid organizational growth and in coordination with global teams.
Your direct reports will be responsible for all of high-value customers across the eastern region of NAMER, and you will partner with the Head of dCS NAMER West and other CS Leads to co-create regional playbooks that will be shared and utilized across our global customer base.
You will drive a vision to make Asana’s Customer Success experiences a sustained competitive differentiator in the market and ensure Asana becomes the work management tool of choice for some of the largest and most impactful companies in the world.
What You’ll Achieve
- Scale the MM & ENT CS teams through recruitment, training, coaching, and development.
- Expand Asana’s playbook of approaches for MM (500-2000 employees) & ENT (2000+ employees) customers -- focused on improving customer adoption, building champion relationships, and creating mission-critical workflows for MM & ENT customers.
- Drive three primary metrics: increase breadth and depth of product usage, cultivate champion relationships, and define and drive customer ROI.
- Catalyze new business by partnering with Customer Advocacy and Customer Marketing to increase the number of customer champions and reference-ability of customers.
- Drive alignment with key partner teams in Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Professional Services.
- Work with Revenue Operations to drive customer learnings and operational analytics.
- Act as an escalation point -- working with the team to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment, and directly engage with customers when needed.
- 6+ years of CS experience within high-growth SaaS organization(s)
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success being a manager for a CS team at a global SaaS company.
- Customer obsessed -- a passion for understanding, driving, and improving customer adoption of Asana’s product.
- Dedicated people manager who gets satisfaction from developing early- to mid-career team members.
- A leader with a bias towards action and ability to build and make the business case for CS investments.
- Skilled in navigating cross-functional relationships to get buy-in in a high-growth SaaS environment.
- Exposure to & direct experience in:
- Leading a team that is part of a global, matrixed organization.
- Building and managing a post-sale team that maintains lifecycle relationships with MM (500-2000 employees) & ENT (2000+ employees) customers.
- Partnering effectively with sales leadership to deliver on shared goals
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.