Noom is looking for a Strategist to support our Chief of Psychology in designing and executing a strategic roadmap for programs within Noom’s behavioral science division -- namely, coaching and academic research. You will set and ensure achievement of publication, development, and product improvement goals as we continue to establish Noom as an industry leader.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with other stakeholders of the organization (Healthcare, Product, Executive Leadership) to intimately understand what they need from the Coaching and Research teams.
- Connect the research that we do to the impact on the business. Apply our coaching and research initiatives to those needs, mapping behavioral science objectives to the company roadmap.
- Able to translate our research to impact on business goals,as well as related product and coaching initiatives.
- Strategize how we evolve coaching as a product.
- Be a liaison between Product, Research, and Coaching. Identify gaps and points of opportunity for one branch to work with/influence another.
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of Noom’s research studies. You will have direct responsibility over the study pipeline
- Explore opportunities to conduct research efforts in Life Science, Behavioral Health and International Markets
- Provide senior leadership on research teams. Enthusiastically mentor less-senior researchers and manage each team and project at the right level of detail, providing support and guidance without being afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience with strategic thinking and planning in behavioral health research. Able to bridge the gap between the vision and the tactical requirements to succeed.
- PhD, PsyD, MD, PharmD, or equivalent
- Industry experience
- Life science, behavioral science and/or deep digital health Industry knowledge and expertise
- Experience with growing and managing scientific research programs in partnership with experts and researchers from diverse areas of investigation (e.g., psychology, life sciences, nutrition, etc) related to behavioral health.
- Combines passion in ‘hard science’ with equal passion in the ‘softer’ side of engaging humans in behavior change processes
Nice to haves:
- MBA in addition to doctorate
- Previous experience as an analyst
- Experience with federal and other sources of research funding to effectively evaluate grant proposal collaboration with research partners
- Experience with and understanding of product development processes, such as sprints, prioritization strategies and so on to anticipate research initiatives to support and inform key product features/benefits.
- Local to the NY area ideal, but other locales welcome for the ideal candidate
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.