Insurance Operations Associate
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Softbank, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
We're looking for an Insurance Operations Associate to strengthen our client cargo insurance program. You will be the operational horsepower on our insurance team and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of our client insurance program. We're looking for someone who can streamline processes for our clients, vendors, and partners globally - all while making our teams more efficient by driving standardization and efficiencies within the insurance program.You will:
- You will assist with our client cargo program’s growth as we add new offerings and increase the value proposition to clients
- You will help develop and utilize financial models to support and optimize growth
- You will liaise with cross-functional stakeholders as you take ownership of projects
- You will develop and maintain necessary reports and dashboards that give insights into the health of the business
- You will complete special projects to support various Supply and Demand teams
- 3-5 years experience in business development, marketing,
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- Client service focused attitude with experience serving customers needed
- You master to-do-lists and love marking off checkboxes
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- You are a master at running excel; entering and analyzing complex data sets
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional team that
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Insane can-do attitude who loves to come in on ground level and help build an empire
- BA/BS degree
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation