Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Supplier Relations
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Lead, Sourcing Operations
- Perform ongoing evaluation People, Process, and Technology to ensure optimization and scalability of the function.
- Identify and implement new opportunities for continuous improvement, cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively track progress towards these objectives.
- Manage a formal Supplier Management Framework overseeing all aspects of SRM (including on-boarding, monitoring service/quality, issue resolution, termination, off-boarding, etc.)
- Establish Supplier Performance program including SLA Monitoring, Quality Control, Scorecarding, Quarterly Business Reviews, and more to optimize and strengthen Supplier Relationships.
- Develop KPIs, Metrics, Scorecarding, and Reporting to monitor the health of our Supplier Program.
- Execute ongoing management of Gemini’s Supplier-Risk Portal and Help Center and carrying out training and development of training materials as necessary.
- Conduct quarterly Supplier Reconciliation Process and maintain accuracy of Supplier Portfolio
- Partner with DEI to establish and carryout Supplier Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Review contract language including SLAs, DPAs, and other contract provision related to quality/service
- Support all Gemini entities (including international regions) and streamline SRM processes.
- Act as Lead during internal and external audits of our Supplier Management Program and respond to Client/Partner DDQs as necessary.
- Manage Sourcing/ERP system including testing, optimization, training, user management, creation/maintenance of Supplier Records, and more.
- 5+ years of sourcing, sourcing / supplier management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or another related field
- Strong practical and demonstrated knowledge in all phases of sourcing, procurement, Supplier/contract management
- Effective Stakeholder Relationship Management skills including the ability to make and influence critical decisions
- Experience with onboarding and management of Suppliers including: contract review, quality control, issue resolution, service renewals, and termination/off-boarding.
- Desire to learn and grow with a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.