Level 1 Service Desk Technician at Electric
(Location preferably Columbus, OH, Charleston, SC, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX, Raleigh, NC or remote)
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are seeking a Level I Service Desk Technician to join our Customer Success team. This position will provide first level support to Electric’s customers, while maintaining excellent communication, technical support and main level ticket tracking in an efficient and effective manner. If you have strong system administration experience along with great customer service, apply today!
- Coordinate remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Resolve basic level 1 and some level 2 issues in a Mac OS and Windows environments
- Set up and maintain SaaS application accounts
- Remote troubleshooting of issues relating to hardware and software (typically Mac OS, Apple, Google for Work, Cisco Meraki, Dropbox etc.)
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Research issues and resolves technical problems
- Implement and maintain operational documentation and procedures
- Issue the daily operations status report and project status reports as required
- Complete technical and special projects as assigned
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to multitask
- Exceptional ability to adapt and learn new platforms and skills on the fly.
- Exceptional sense of urgency
- Experience using and proficient in Apple hardware, Mac OS, Google (G-Suite), Windows and Office365
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- College degree from an accredited four-year institution or relevant technical experience
- Previous customer support, sales or technology experience