Manager, Customer Experience Operations at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success. You will be working with a great team with supportive team leaders.About the Job:
As the CX Operations Manager of Investigations, Claims, Fraud & Billing you will be responsible for managing all specialized and escalated workflows. You will lead a team of 40+ associates focused on delivering exceptional customer service, managing investigations, inventory recovery, and all billing. This crucial team plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the customer experience team can deliver on it’s goals for cost efficiency and customer experience.
You will play a lead role in improving the customer experience by analyzing and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement for both inbound and outbound service. You will have the opportunity to create, lead, and implement strategic initiatives that will propel Customer Experience and Rent the Runway forward.
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership to your (growing!) team of operations coordinators and leads by defining team goals, objectives, priorities, and culture.
- Directly manage four crucial operations functions: billing, subscription operations, inventory recovery, and fraud.
- Implement effective processes and protocols to monitor and enforce service level agreements across all functions.
- Own all reporting and customer processes associated with functions under your leadership.
- Partner closely with our finance, security, and operations teams to build processes across billing, fraud and claims focused on improving customer experience and maximising recovery for RTR
- Develop leadership & managerial skills of the frontline management team through mentoring, coaching, training, and ongoing performance feedback conversations.
- Partner with HR and Training & Development Manager to develop ongoing coaching opportunities to support the needs of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years in a customer centric support role and at least 2+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team
- Proven ability to manage project cycle (assess needs, scope, execute, provide feedback)
- Strong communication skills, cross-functionally and to an audience
- Able to maintain a high level of service awareness at all times and understand the strategic importance of customer service to our organization
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.