Merchant Success Strategist at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We have built a platform that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate Buy Now, Pay Later financing products throughout the customers’ shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA and culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
The Merchant Success Strategist in an integral part of our Success team at our high-growth startup. You will be responsible for tending to the day-to-day needs of our merchant partners and for building out and executing merchant trainings and business reviews. You will set the overall tone of your merchant relationships while being will be responsible for assigning accurate views of the health of your customers and forecasting retention and expansion opportunities within your book of business. The ideal candidate will be also able to speak confidently about the digital marketing and e-commerce space alongside broader themes that can be applied to marketing strategy. Internally, communication with various internal partners while acting as a client advocate to ensure offering optimization. On the merchant side, you will work with leaders at all levels including the C-suite, to design and implement digital marketing strategies to help merchants derive the most value from the tools Bread offers.
Your Role at Bread
- Own merchant relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership, constantly seeking expansion/growth/upsell opportunities for the client and ensuring the client understands the value Bread brings to their business
- Train merchants on how to use the Bread tool and market our financing product to their customers
- Ensure merchant compliance and drive relevant product adoption to generate high retention rates
- Help merchants create and deploy effective marketing initiatives around financing using a data-driven approach
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure that merchant wins, losses, and suggestions are recorded and iterated on
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital marketing
- Digital Marketing, eCommerce or software/SaaS experience - this is a must
- 5+ years of customer facing work experience, ideally specifically with experience working with Fortune 500 enterprise clients
- Exemplary written and verbal (face to face and phone/screenshare) communication skills
- Track record of delivering high-quality outputs consistently under pressure. You thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- BA / BS degree from an accredited university
- The ability to travel on occasion when relevant, appropriate and safe - expect that somewhere around 25% of your time will be traveling domestically
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Excel or other Business Intelligence reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or Domo to conduct data analysis - you have performed business analyses with e-commerce data, and have presented your results as a catalyst for business change/strategic decisions
- Passion about working with clients to help drive meaningful business results
- Enthusiastic about problem solving and taking on a challenge - you are motivated to think creatively and execute in new areas
Additional Job Description
- This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.