Network and Systems Engineer
Who we are
We are a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country. Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community based partnerships and world-class technology.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
At Cityblock we make use of innovative and leading-edge vendor solutions, as well as custom software and integrations, to deliver a best-in-class corporate environment and workflow. As a member of our IT Team you will be responsible for the corporate network, designing and supporting a high performing reliable network at scale. You will have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe by working closely with our security team and efficiently monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues
- Configure and install network resources, including configuration of network switches, servers, VoIP systems, applications and services in a wired and wireless environment
- Maintain systems and network performance by performing monitoring and analysis; troubleshooting system and network problems; escalating problems to IT Lead or vendors as appropriate
- Work with IT Security Manager to ensure security best practices are implemented and revised, as needed, to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information stored on and accessed through the network
- Prepare and maintain documentation of system and network configurations and cabling layouts
- Serve as main point of contact on the IT team for all new real estate throughout the country
- Manage outside vendors i.e physical security, data cabling, and general contractors for new office builds
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of 3rd party software and cloud-based services
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of system network design and management
- 7+ years of experience as an IT Network Engineer coupled with experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience with telecommunications technologies and carriers including but not limited to DSL/Cable, and Fiber
- Extensive experience at all layers of the network from physical to application firewalls
- Familiarity with deploying and handling networks in a Cloud heavy environment
- Exceptional problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years' experience with design, integration, and deployment of Meraki / Palo Alto networks
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent vendor management skills
Nice To Have
- HIPAA or SOX compliance experience
- Experience in a startup environment, ideally in healthcare, education, or similarly regulated industry.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We are very excited to hear from you.