The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Our operations team is at the core of everything we do at The Farmer's Dog. In this exciting role you'll manage the day to day operations which will include the facilitation of the replenishment of finished goods and materials from/to all vendors, 3rd party manufacturers, and warehouse providers. You will be the key liaison for day to day execution and ensure customer service is always at the forefront for our pups.
- Management of all orders from receipt through delivery to our customers. Ensure highest level of service from our fulfillment and transportation partners
- Responsible for order accuracy by ensuring the right products are ordered, method of shipment, and shipping platform are applied to the order and adequate lead time is given to ensure on-time delivery to the customer
- Identify and resolve customer order and inventory replenishment issues
- Monitor and report baseline customer service key performance indicators (KPI)
- Support on-time delivery and identify and resolve transportation issues and customer deliveries
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Evaluate vendor operations according to quality standards
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners
- Collaborate with tech professionals to implement effective systems
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain/Logistics Coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Problem-solving aptitude, "get it done" attitude
- Attention to detail
- A college degree (BS or BA) or 2+ years experience in Logistics, Customer Service, Transportation, Finance, Inventory Management or other related field
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Critical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution skills. Ability to collect data to gather insights and make recommendations
- Previous experience in a CPG and/or food manufacturing environment preferred
- Highly motivated, innovative, and able to respond to the challenges of changing customer needs
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game