Operations Specialist at Happy Money
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:18 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
The Operations Specialist is an integral part of the Operations Team. This team helps our members by providing world class application, payment processing and resolution experiences. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who represents Happy Money by exemplifying care for customer interactions, has keen attention to detail and is able to quickly adapt to new processes. The role requires a daily mix of high-quality personal engagement with members via inbound and outbound calls and emails, as well as an analytical review of applications and supporting documentation provided by members.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Conducting outbound and inbound calls to potential members as necessary to gain knowledge, build a credit profile or to request additional documentation
- Detecting suspicious or potential fraud risk on loan applications or through applicant interactions
- De-escalating situations involving frustrated or unhappy applicants independently without manager assistance
- Perform key daily tasks such as loan on-boarding, payment scheduling, payment communication, and modifications
- Work closely with internal departments such as Member Success, Business Operations, and Engineering to ensure the accuracy of data in the loan servicing systems
- Evaluate member’s current circumstances and finances in order to provide an appropriate option for our members to address their financial hardship
- Strong negotiation skills to assist our members with resolutions to current delinquencies
- Willingness and ability to obtain collection licensing in all US States
- Self-starter who can absorb, persevere, and pivot as necessary
- Experience providing world-class customer service
- Strong ability to make lasting impressions and quickly build meaningful connections with people
- Comfortable with a significant amount of your time spent engaging with customers via phone and email
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Extremely comfortable with computers with a general aptitude for quickly learning new information systems
- Strong negotiating, communication, and writing skills
- Detail oriented with a passion for excellence
- Goal oriented and experienced with high-performance teams
Bonus Points For
- Desire to surprise and delight others, coupled with a desire to influence others toward healthier financial living
- Previous experience with cash reconciliation tools and loan processing software
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in processing loans, financial statements, and income documents
- Experience in collections
- Experience in customer service, loan underwriting, consumer lending, personal banking, or a similar field
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!