Product Support Specialist at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are a believer in creating a delight-level user experience for the customer. You are passionate about solving real, complicated problems, identifying trends, and the best vehicle to address them. You can think strategically and are quick on your feet in escalating issues in a professional and appropriate way. You know how to effectively communicate complex scenarios and lead a team toward a solution.
Justworks is looking for a Product Support Specialist (PSS) to be our Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ancillary benefits. At Justworks, ancillary benefits currently include 401(k) plans, HSA/FSA, and Commuter Benefits. As a Product Support Specialist, your main responsibility is to act as a liaison between the Product, Engineering, and Operations teams and Customer Success to ensure a unified knowledge base and effective communication between the teams.
Product Support Specialists advocate for the voice of the customer to their counterparts across the company and help guide internal teams through all changes and iterations of the product with a high focus on creating the best possible experience for our customers. This is a position for someone who excels in enterprising for answers, can think strategically, lead a team through new implementations, and work with senior leadership.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Live and breathe ancillary benefits, be a resource for all internal teams
- Become a subject matter expert in our current ancillary benefits offerings and engage with Product Marketing to help establish new partnerships
- Have in-depth knowledge of 401(k) plans, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, and other ancillary benefits at Justworks
- Document internal processes and public-facing Help Center articles and videos for our products and demo new features to the team
- Work closely with our Product, Operations and Support teams to coordinate communication plans for product and service announcements
- Identify product and vendor gaps
- Work with other members of the CS teams (training, coaching, and communications) to provide feedback on new features and assist with QA and documentation upon release
- Monitor customer feedback and escalated issues through multiple support channels to discover, report on and escalate trends
- Work closely with the Product and Operations teams and provide regular updates to Customer Success to help maintain the product roadmap
- Look for process improvements and involve key decision-makers to help make changes across the organization while looking to improve our overall customer experience
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a 401(k) Product Support Specialist, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Ownership - being accountable, being committed. When you see a problem you work to address it, even when it’s not directly your responsibility.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
- Enterprising- when things are not clear you take the initiative to find the right answer and solution
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day-to-day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, ideally in customer service
- Demonstrated expertise in 401(k) and other benefits products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively and appropriately
- Ability to take complex things and explain them in an easy to understand and coherent manner
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to use data to support your position
- Passion for engaging with people
- PEO experience a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment