Senior Associate, Compliance Operations at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Senior Associate, Compliance Operations
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, triaging a variety of account operations-related issues escalated by cross functional teams across the enterprise, draft and maintain written procedural guides, assist with internal and external audit functions, track and manage ongoing project work, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department.
- Monitor and assist with account related escalations.
- Respond to various account operations requests from teams across the enterprise.
- Maintain procedural guides for onboarding and account review.
- Act as a centralized hub for procedural updates and ensure relevant stakeholders are informed.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Manage onboarding and account review projects by working closely with project managers on technical updates and procedural improvements.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on BSA/AML compliance.
- Previous experience reviewing operational procedures and identifying areas for improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with previous experience developing and maintaining written policies and procedures.
- Track record of success and results, ideally in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE.
- Familiarity with Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements including KYC best practices.
- Working knowledge of digital asset trading and blockchain technology.
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and fast-paced business environment.
- Experience working with business and project management tools such as Looker and JIRA.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.