Senior Associate, HRBP (Ops + Insights) (JR101365) at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Senior Associate, HRBP to support our rapidly evolving organization. In conjunction with business clients, stakeholders and speciality HR, this individual will serve as on the ground and strategic HR support. This individual will partner with the HR Business Partners on all matters relating to talent, including employee relations, organization and leader effectiveness, organizational design, workforce and succession planning, headcount management, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Partner closely with and support the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner to ensure outstanding customer focus for a specific client group within the organization
- Assist in defining and designing key People (HR) strategies in alignment with client business priorities and goals, including but not limited to growth, organizational design, employee development, and workforce planning
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to deliver best-in-class (HR) support to internal client group, guided by our People strategy
- Partner with other People Teams to deploy, implement and run all key people processes (learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Assist in monitoring overall effectiveness of People programs and services by tracking key talent metrics to identify and analyze people related issues, root causes, and possible levers for solutions
- Understand and manage key organizational changes by identifying the impact on people, business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organizational structure
- Demonstrated experience of HR/Leadership experience
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative to with little to no direction and provide consultation to leader as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.