Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
As the Senior Manager of Continuous Improvement, you will work closely with internal leaders as well as Fulfillment Center and Food Manufacturing teams to lead key projects and drive business results and improvements. Additionally, the role will work cross-functionally with partners to make a direct customer impact (e.g. revamping the primary food packaging will require working closely with Sr. partners). Major cross-functional projects impacting all areas of the business are in scope for this role.How You'll Make An Impact
- Work directly with our Senior Leadership Team to orchestrate innovation projects
- Be in the trenches of different areas of our Do have experience working packaging design, or redesigning working across Supply Chain - Packaging, Procurement, Product Development, Fulfillment, and Production - to deliver results and develop cross-functional knowledge
- Design and prototype systems and tools that will help our Operations teams manage capacity on an ongoing basis
- Lead continuous improvement projects throughout the Supply Chain.
- Run cross-functional projects that will improve the growth of TFD’s overall business
- Conduct an analysis of our current strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and tackle an array of other sophisticated business problems, using analytics and business judgment
- BA in Engineering or Business related degree, preferred
- 8-10 years of professional experience in consulting or a leading CPG company
- Project management or rotation-based experience
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast paced and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Outstanding project and people leadership skills
- Desire to build a team function (ideally this person becomes the leader of our Special Ops vertical with several key direct reports)
- Outstanding analytical skills and operational modeling capabilities
- Time on a production floor, preferred (manufacturing, fulfillment, food packaging, etc..)
- Willingness to travel 30%
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota