Support Operations Manager at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Support Operations Manager to help oversee our Support team. You will help hire, train, and manage the next phase of Latch’s above and beyond support team as they embark on new challenges and opportunities posed by a plethora of new Latch product offerings. Latch’s Support team focuses on all general and specialized customer support inquiries covering both software and hardware products. This role will work closely with Product and Engineering teams, as well as the Customer Success team, You will report to the VP of Support and SVP of Global Operations.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create job descriptions and interview, assess, hire, and train all open roles
- Perform quality control audits of team’s work
- Provide 1-1 guidance on current role performance and career progression
- Write and disseminate urgent support communications both internally and externally
- Create and manage Support on-call schedule and ensure proper support staffing at all times
- Provide insights, metrics, reports, and access to tools for executive review and product research
- Educate and brief team on new features and releases
- Participate in rotating Support on-call schedule
- Build and refine processes and SOPs
- Own all Customer Support team Zendesk configuration and reporting
- Own all team SLAs including resolution, satisfaction, efficiency, and customer effort
- Experience managing people managers is required.
- Experience in Support Operations is required.
- Experience in a customer experience, customer service, or operations role. Fast scaling startup experience is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Very comfortable on the phone and via emails breaking down complex systems for wide audiences
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems, as needed
- High level of intuition and ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Strong attention-to-detail and organization
- Confident working with data and data tools. An ability to quickly analyze data to tell a story and identify areas for operational improvement
- Experience working with high-profile accounts, and advising on overall support needs and statuses
- Problem-solver who understands how to work with a variety of stakeholders throughout the Customer Journey
- A seasoned hiring manager with an eye for talent and development
- Proven success in highly cross-functional environments with varying degrees of ambiguity
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice