Systems Analyst, Sr. at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Ready to take the next steps in your healthcare career at MSK? Are you excited by the opportunity to work with a diverse set of partners?
We are seeking a Systems Analyst Sr. to join the Division of Health Informatics. DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exceptional patient care delivered at MSK. In this role, you will report in to our Manager, Clinical Systems.
As a Systems Analyst Sr. you will:
- Lead interdepartmental teams in the implementation of system enhancements, changes and fixes, including documentation of functional design specifications, system configuration and testing.
- Plan, manage and lead the development, implementation, ongoing maintenance, security administration, interfaces, report generation, testing, improvements, user training and support of custom applications. Monitor the systems daily to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy.
- Develop structured documentation and templates to support on-line clinical documentation and ensure compliance with Institutional, Federal Coding and Billing compliance rules and regulations.
- Manage and maintain system functionality in a 24x7 environment specifically regarding the implementation and testing of functionality outside business hours.
- Provide on-call production support for rollouts and serve as primary contact for Help Desk support.
- Provide post implementation on-site and remote support to clinical and operational users. Accommodate flexible work hours required by this type of support.
- Analyze and perform configuration changes and modifications based on requests from the Chiefs of Services, Attending staff and Operational Managers in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Physician, Nursing and IS staff in the implementation of new system functionality.
- Provide detailed comprehensive functional, interface, regression and integration testing of new system releases.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and implement solutions to system related problems to minimize operational impact.
- Lead education of DHI training staff members and serve as a content expert to aid design and development of detailed training materials for distribution to clinical staff.
- An effective communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about exploring creative solutions to solve problems and address issues using the delivered and custom-developed tools.
- Experienced in clinical systems implementations and support including system configuration, maintenance and software upgrades.
- Ability to run multiple projects, handle confidential information, make independent decisions and use good judgment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare and/or Information Sciences or related degrees.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Healthcare or related fields.
- Experience in using configuration tools to develop clinical documentation or related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and application implementations
- Knowledge of workflow processes and process reengineering within a computerized environment
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, negotiating, troubleshooting, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in developing and using test plans, documentation of testing results/outcomes
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.