Vendor Panel Coordinator (JR101478) at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking a Vendor Panel Coordinator to join our fast growing team! The Vendor Panel Coordinator will recruit and onboard appraisers for Better’s direct engagement appraiser panel. This hire will work closely with the appraisal customer service team to ensure we have a full roster of appraisers on the direct engagement panel nationwide. Additionally, the Vendor Panel Coordinator will support in database management and upkeep, including account setup and maintaining appraisers’ profiles. The direct engagement panel changes daily and profiles need to be evaluated and updated regularly to ensure compliance. Beyond producing high-quality appraisals and managing priorities, our goal is to build a process that will streamline and ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America!
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruit appraisers to join the Better direct engagement panel
- Verify appraiser qualifications while adhering to all applicable record-keeping requirements
- Request and monitor quotes on complex appraisal assignments
- Provide status updates to the customer service team on assignments for appraisal orders
- Address appraiser queries and identify escalations for response
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and is skilled at offering assistance in the form of clear and proactive communication via email and phone. When faced with a potential roadblock, this person has the ability to think critically and problem solve. This hire will bring a lot to the table, including a high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic. In addition to that, we are looking for:
- Prior appraisal and/or vendor coordination experience from a mortgage related environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfort with new technology and the ability to coach others how to use it
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.