Director of Technical Project Management at Resy
At Resy, American Express Global Dining Network, we are tackling the toughest challenges in an industry that everyone loves, hospitality, at a global scale. We hold ourselves to the highest standard in delivering elegant technology fueling exceptional experiences for both our restaurant operators and diner alike. We are seeking a Director of Technical Project Management with a strong leadership skills and deep technology background to join our Engineering team at Resy, American Express Global Dining Network Engineering team. You will be responsible for leading a team of Technical Project Managers. This role will recruit, manage and mentor a team responsible for supporting high priorities business objectives and Engineering Excellence projects defined by our Engineering Architecture team. It requires Agile savvy, impactful communicator who is confident with exceptional technical management skills and has a go getter attitude. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer of Resy, American Express Global Dining Network.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing a Technical Scrum Masters who will work with teams to deliver solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with Product Owners and Engineers.
- Serving as the voice of the American Express Global Dining Engineering team; working with your team to manage, document and approve all team communications with the business and vendors.
- Working with American Express Global Dining Team leadership to define our Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Working with our Global Dining Architecture Team to define and chart the path of a unified American Express Global Dining technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineers to define and drive Metrics/OKRs/KPIs.
- Coach and Challenge Product and Engineering teams to live and breathe agile principles
- Collaborate across teams to bring them together and manage dependencies.
- Understand the technical details sufficiently that they can meaningfully represent the team and business stakeholders.
- Maintaining release and dependency plans across Engineering teams and external partners.
- Actively identifying, managing and raising risks, issues, and changes tied to product development initiatives and Engineering driven initiatives.
- Conducting PI Planning sessions and Scrum ceremonies, with a focus on continuously learning from the past.
- Finding opportunities to embrace innovative technologies and processes.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 10+ years of engineering / development experience with 3+ years of agile experience scrum master managing scrum team for medium to large software development projects
- Comes from technical delivery background with good understanding of software engineering and technologies
- Organized, diligent, proactive and passionate about delivery
- High energy and passion for building technical solutions as well as the ability to inspire a team
- Excellent in Agile, Scrum development teams delivering fast paced environment
- Experience understanding technology solutions at an enterprise-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with third parties, development and product managers
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity, advocating for simplification, influencing teams and being able to build your own path to navigate to solutions
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience managing or mentoring technical project managers
- Prior experience in a regulated environment
- Expertise in JIRA a major plus.
- Agile/Scrum Certifications
- Project Management Certification
- Knowledge of Restaurant Industry