Account Executive, Expansion at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $2 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
LeafLink seeks an Account Executive to join our growing team. You will work closely with our Client Experience, Marketing, and Operations teams to grow our user base into new “expansion” markets. You will be persistent in pursuing new clients and help lead our Business Development Team into new territories.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who can close deals in a dynamic market, while working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever with the drive to chase down clients and close deals.Responsibilities:
- Prospecting small, medium, and large companies through emails, phone calls, meetings, and conferences/events while managing an efficient sales process
- Scheduling “discovery” meetings and closing deals with potential clients, who will include managers, directors, and C-level executives responsible for the implementation of business solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of LeafLink’s technology and the ability to sell its value based on the client’s needs
- Maintain an understanding of competitive technologies and LeafLink’s place in the market
- Manage customer expectations while expanding reach and depth into your assigned territory
- Overdeliver on revenue and growth targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Track daily sales KPIs and activity through Salesforce/CRM, and share those KPIs with management on a regular basis
- Participate in industry events by attending trade shows/association programs
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships virtually and through regular site visits to ensure maximum client success
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role, preferably in the software industry selling an SaaS platform, B2B software, or other technology product that requires a discovery meeting and an analysis of the client’s needs
- 5+ years of experience in an “inside/outside” sales position
- Strong knowledge of solution selling and Salesforce/CRM
- Knowledge and experience in the cannabis industry is a plus, but not required
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.