Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
Our Business Operations unit interfaces with the rest of DigitalOcean to ensure our ability to execute on our product vision and support our growing customer base in a data-driven and efficient manner. As a Business Analyst, you will join a growing Data & Analytics team that partners with decision-makers across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights and data products. The D&A team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including user data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, upper-funnel marketing data, trust and safety data, and operational/infrastructure data.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Dive into a variety of datasets to answer critical business questions and uncover valuable insights, becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, and used by our Operations teams (Customer Support, Customer Success, Infrastructure, Business Operations, Security)
- Support the ongoing automation and delivery of standardized data views, dashboards, and a self-service data exploration environment to our Operations teams
- Handle a range of information and analysis requests that will inform decisions by our Operations teams, from simple SQL queries to more advanced, long-term modeling and strategic analysis
- Partner directly with leaders across our Operations teams, providing clear data-driven insights that provide the necessary information to move forward with a decision or the recommendations to jump-start a brand new initiative
- Partner with managers to understand current barriers to information access, and help uncover opportunities for increased or more efficient use of data
- Evangelize and facilitate the use of data in decision-making across Operations teams, including standardized KPIs and consistent measurement methodologies
What We'll Expect from You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make conclusions and recommendations from data
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Hands-on ability to generate analytical reports for a variety of business functions, from start to finish (data cleaning to analysis to presentation)
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), and ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.