Business Development Manager, Enterprise Accounts at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $2 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
We’re looking for someone with a proven track-record of building deep relationships with large enterprises in order to expand our reach and deepen our relationships with multi-state cannabis operators.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are long-term strategic thinkers while also versatile in being able to execute near-term objectives. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.
- Lead LeafLink’s efforts to grow revenue within the cannabis industry’s largest accounts including Multi-State Operators (MSOs) and Multi-State Brands (MSBs).
- Develop and manage and multi-layer relationships with the cannabis industry’s largest brands and multi-state operators, identifying potential new opportunities with partners and ensuring those relationships support key growth, monetization, and product initiatives of the company.
- Achieve growth targets for assigned accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis that include client engagement (GMV) and revenue.
- Work across multiple teams and with multiple stakeholders internally to package our product offerings as a full-service solution for our enterprise platform partners; packages will include our SaaS-enabled Marketplace, LeafLink Financial payments solutions, LeafLink Logistics (L3), integrations, LeafLink Insights (analytics), and advertising.
- Interact with both day-to-day and senior level contacts to build lasting relationships.
- Negotiate and finalize business terms, including partnering with internal legal resources during the contracting phase of the process. Ensure that the interests of LeafLink are protected while satisfying complex customer demands on service levels, terms and conditions.
- Be the company evangelist for these partnerships internally and get the team excited about our technology and offerings.
- Become a thought leader by being able to speak in depth about all of LeafLink’s products and offerings as well as confidently represent company POVs on industry topics in partner and internal meetings/emails.
- Execute overall growth plan geared to align with the company’s long-term strategy.
- Create business requirements, build proposals, and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure clear and realistic deliverables.
- Manage partnership deliverables including regular reports and ad hoc needs.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- You have significant experience (5-10 years) selling technology, or tech-enabled services to enterprise level clients within a high growth company.
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding your targets.
- You have experience structuring highly complex six-to-seven figure deals.
- You are familiar with Solution selling, and comfortable managing your selling stages within Salesforce.
- You are a strong communicator - possessing both written and verbal communication skills, you can develop. presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions
- You are the master at suggesting next steps, customizing communications, and following-through with even the most unlikely of leads. Follow-through is the cornerstone of your success.
- You are able to seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization, including the executive & C-suite level.
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and communications outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing
- A solid understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.