Business Development Manager at OpenWeb
OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving and engaged communities, reduce toxicity, and increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse and supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, and Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
BD Manager - What You'll Do:
- Cultivate and expand professional relationships with Tier-2 and Tier-3 media publishers across the globe in order to sell OpenWeb's community engagement software platform and drive the partner’s revenue base
- Own the full sales life-cycle for your prospective deals from initial call, to product demo, through deal signing. We encourage our team to meet their prospective partners in person and to bring those partners to our office as well!
- Define target markets/verticals, partner with sales operations on lead generation processes and pipelines, and document interactions and follow-ups in Salesforce
- Partner with internal Product, Partner Management, and Monetization teams to develop and introduce new revenue opportunities into the market and pitch white-labeled solutions to prospective partners
- Help to co-define Business Development team processes, goals and KPI’s as our growing startup continues to scale
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Demonstrated SaaS publisher sales experience and a proven track record of achieving annual revenue targets
- Ability to navigate complex sales organizations and build world-class business relationships with senior executives in order to execute partner deals
- A thorough knowledge of digital media, advertising technologies and SaaS business models
- Solutions selling mindset and approach to relationship building - we’re here to solve major industry problems with technical solutions
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target-oriented executor combined with a team-first mentality - our Business Development team regularly works together as a team to close deals with each other!
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
We care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb's Privacy Practices