Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
This individual will report to the Vice President of Customer Success and Support and help lead the CSM towards improvements in the transformation of the department helping the company grow faster and grow smarter in all regions of the world.
We are currently seeking a customer-centric professional with a motivational management style and analytical skills who is passionate about customer success. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success and Support you will be responsible for leading the Global Customer Success Management team, serving as an advocate and a liaison between our customers and our internal DigitalOcean teams. The team's primary responsibility is to manage, retain, and grow our existing customer base.What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with the VP of CSS to ensure the consistent and successful execution of the Customer Success strategy
- Improving Customer Success Managers (CSM) individual performance around engagement, retention and other success factors
- Recruit, develop and manage CSMs
- Transform Customer Success into a high-performing team, with every member meeting and/or exceeding expectations
- Manage and further optimize the customer experience during and post-onboarding for our different customer segments
- Manage the regional CSM managers/leads and the overall team
- Create/improve processes and ensure the necessary tools are in place to maximize the team’s impact and productivity
- Serve as an escalation point for customer issues to ensure they are resolved quickly
- Ensure customer feedback is communicated internally to enable ongoing improvement of DigitalOcean products and services
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of customer engagement
- Accountable for churn, adoption of the platform and growth in the global customer base
- Collaborate globally across departments to achieve targets and improve customer experience
- You will lead/mentor/ one or two additional CSS teams over time
- Additional responsibilities as per business needs
- Proven professional experience building and leading a Customer Success team at the Senior Manager or Director level
- A track record of career progression in a Customer Success vertical for a SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS organization
- Hard working professional with impeccable work ethic
- Ability to motivate and focus a team while developing individuals
- Experienced in creating SOPs and Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Proven track record driving renewal strategies and NPS process; ability to create/manage programs that increase these elements
- Experience in creating a performance and metrics focused culture
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire people
- Leadership by example
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!