Director, Inside Sales (New York) at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Director, Inside Sales to lead our SDR team (supporting enterprise accounts) and Growth Sales team across multiple markets. This position will lead the strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our growing sales organization, while hiring and mentoring team members. You will be a hands-on manager, leading the team by example, giving direction and coaching to team members on prospecting skills while meeting assigned goals. You must be based in NYC for this role.You Will
- Hire, train and mentor our SDRs & Growth Account Executives on outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing leadership to strategize and optimize sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversion hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance.
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives.
In your first 30 days, you will focus on getting to know both CockroachDB and your SDR team as well as understanding the existing lead generation strategy of Cockroach Labs. During this time, we also believe it’s crucial for you to establish relationships across sales and marketing to better understand how our SDRs support both teams. Note that you’ll be working across multiple markets so it will be important to understand the nuances between them.
After 60 days, you’ll be providing 1:1 support for all SDRs & Growth AEs, including inbound & outbound campaign optimizations, customer pitches, and product positioning. You’ll also be owning the analytics behind all campaigns created by SDRs and providing insights and recommendations on approach when necessary.You Have
- 3+ years of management experience plus an additional 5+ years of general sales experience.
- Experience growing and scaling a successful Sales Development team.
- Proven track record establishing, achieving or exceeding measurable goals.
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Reporting to Jeff Miller - Chief Revenue Officer
Jeff joined Cockroach Labs because every CIO/CTO in the world is trying to make the cloud journey and most of those a hybrid cloud journey and eliminate legacy systems while also meeting new data privacy requirements. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral and will allow customers to handle complex data privacy issues. When he is not helping customers, he loves to spend time with my family and play golf, tennis and squash and watching anything Clemson on TV.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]