Director, Sales Enablement Field at Datadog
Datadog is the world’s leading monitoring service for cloud-scale applications, bringing together data from servers, databases, tools and services to present a unified view of your entire stack. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev and Ops teams to work collaboratively to avoid downtime, resolve performance problems, and ensure that development and deployment cycles finish on time.
Sales enablement is an integral part of the Growth organization at Datadog -- a unique strategy and operations team driving Datadog’s next phase of growth. We’re interdisciplinary thinkers leveraging diverse business backgrounds in business development, education, management consulting, law, finance and business operations to define, manage and measure Datadog’s global go to market model. Our sales enablement function works across the go-to-market to ensure our company goals are met and our salespeople reach their potential.
Lead the global team responsible for delivering our training content and programs to the field with the ultimate goal of giving effect to our go-to-market strategy.
- Lead and build a high-performing team of sales trainers in executing world-class enablement programs to the field
- Run sales onboarding at Datadog: welcome salespeople to Datadog and set them up for long-term success with us
- Execute ongoing field training at Datadog: guide the field through their learning journeys including via sales kick off, quarterly business reviews, weekly all hands calls, classroom sessions, e-learnings and other formats
- Embed with our go-to-market teams and develop a clear understanding of the realities of selling Datadog in each region
- Partner with SMEs and Enablement Operations on the instructional design of our programs
- Design a global training and delivery department capable of scaling with our rapid pace of product innovation and hiring
- Lead our thinking on how to best teach the field and field leadership as an SME on go-to-market methodologies, processes and tactics
- Create a one-to-one / one-to-few coaching programs that develop the most critical sales and sales leadership skills
- Champion sales at Datadog: speak for the business and the field at sales kickoffs, global sales calls and other go-to-market functions
- Partner with sales and company leadership to identify and resolve training and development opportunities
- Change management: help senior leadership achieve our go-to-market strategy in the field
- Empower the field: ensure that each of our salespeople reaches their full potential
- 10+ years of work experience including at least two years in sales enablement, L&D or other equivalent experience teaching others
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports a in highly complex / ambiguous environment
- You’ve led classroom style instruction in your career and helped develop a curriculum
- You’re a great listener with a high EQ and an intrinsic drive to help people grow
- Proven track record of building and maintaining scalable programs
- Agile mindset: proven ability to iterate, build minimum viable “products” and improve
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: you make the complex simple
- Experience presenting to and planning summits for hundreds of people
- You’ve worked as a seller or customer-facing rep
- Experience at a high growth Software-as-a-Service or technology company
- Knowledge of DevOps or cloud technologies
- Experience teaching or using MEDDICC
- Experience building effective programs at our scale or greater
- Advanced degree in teaching or education
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.