Enterprise Account Executive, East
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive, East to join the team. We believe that individuals in this role should have the ability to talk about the value of the company, as opposed to how they close the deal. This position is based in NYC.
- You will successfully manage a territory and develop and execute account plans to achieve (and ideally exceed) individual quota responsibility.
- You will lead multiple customer sales cycles and manage and close opportunities within a set of accounts.
- You clearly communicate the value proposition of infrastructure product, in this case, CockroachDB and drive events that lead to the adoption of the product.
- You will manage effective working relationships across teams, including business development, marketing, and pre-sales.
- You are invested in the success of CockroachDB and will successfully relay product requirements back to corporate.
- You enjoy developing strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers, and partners within your territory.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is important for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have a strategy in place for revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in account strategy and mapping. You will work with your manager to set revenue objectives to reach your sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team and will work with your manager to set revenue objectives to reach your sales goals. You will have started doubling your pipeline and be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals.
As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also have the opportunity to grow your sales pipeline and have a significant impact on the overall revenue growth of Cockroach Labs.
- You have a proven track record of successfully selling new enterprise, infrastructure solutions and increasing revenue through new customer acquisition.
- You have demonstrated the ability to sell technical software to CXO or line of business, successfully emphasizing business value versus product.
- You understand how to grow a greenfield territory.
- You have a strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs.
- You have a consistent track record of surpassing sales targets.
- You are driven, disciplined with the aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility.
- You can travel within your assigned territory.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]