Enterprise Architect - Remote, US at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!About the Role
Our Enterprise Architects help customers fully utilize the technical benefits of CockroachDB. We believe that in order for an Enterprise Architect to be successful, they must understand every part of the database, produce reusable artifacts that demonstrate strengths and disseminate the information, while balancing both reactive and proactive activities. The reusable artifacts are crucial in generating effective and efficient proactive activities. Location is flexible for this role, you will support clients in the US.You will
- Own the overall relationship with assigned clients, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Utilize your deep technical skills to prove credible value to customers and drive sales growth.
- Educate customers on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB and design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Drive adoption and implementation of Cockroach Labs tools/features by leading hands-on product demonstrations and technical workshop sessions.
- Partner with the Cockroach Labs Sales Account team (Account Executive, Solutions Architects, Professional Services) to identify opportunities for new usage of Cockroach Labs across organizational functions.
- Develop and implement best practices, processes and tools which can continually enhance Cockroach Labs’s Customer Success Program.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about of CockroachDB and figure out where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, and engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be learning refactoring opportunities to create reusable artifacts. As you continue to grow in the role, you will be moving into owning the artifacts supporting sales. The major artifacts are sizing, best practices and industry solutions. The artifacts creation and re-use are key to help both pre and post sales activities.You Have
- Strong experience writing, developing and presenting technical content for external audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of databases, distributed systems, and modern enterprise software architecture.
- 2-4 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- 2-4 years of experience as an Engineer architecting a modern enterprise software application.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]