By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without over-provisioning. To mitigate this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
We’re the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud and transforming the way IT operates. We want the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology. If you thrive in a team-based environment where intellectual curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile without giving up are in your DNA, we want to hear from you!
As one of our Engagement Managers (EM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with the largest and most complex Turbonomic customers. You will serve as an EM to ensure successful implementations and to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their operationalization and adoption of Turbonomic solutions, while driving realization and return on investment.
Additionally, you will become the customer’s single point of contact into all things Turbonomic. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
Come support the only Hybrid Cloud Management platform and help make customers successful!
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as the central point of contact for the client to manage the associated contracted services to be delivered for the duration of the engagements assigned.
- Become the primary point of communication responsible for all aspects of planning, scheduling and management of deliverables across multiple, complex engagements.
- Collaborate with internal engineering and product management teams to develop innovative solutions to customer requirements.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of industry trends, common challenges, best practices, customer's business, competitors, market positioning and adoption of best practices.
- Establish & execute account governance, set delivery metrics and drive customer excellence in existing accounts.
- Leverage existing relationships to retain and grow company revenue through positive representation of Turbonomic solutions in routine conversations with clients.
- Ensure overall quality of the interaction with each customer, coordination of all aspects of delivery, and overall adoption of Turbonomic solutions across the customer landscape.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple client engagement projects of varying degrees of complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to meet client expectations while adhering to defined corporate policies, practices, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement project/program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk management, decision tracking and cost tracking).
- 5 years minimum experience as an Account Executive, Sr. Program Manager, Professional Services consultant or Sales Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, CS, Economics, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of hardware and software architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
- Ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully and resolve and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%-50% of the time.
- Software Development experience a plus.
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career