Manager, Customer Success at Skillsoft (Remote)
At Skillsoft, we propel organizations and people to grow together through transformative learning experiences. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. Join us in our quest to transform learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Manger is considered an Industry Expert and will clearly articulate and demonstrate learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsoft’s customer base, Customer Success organisation and Sales teams to guide best practices. The Manager should either have experience in managing a diverse team or demonstrate strength in managing people. The Manager should have expertise in the eLearning industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers. Experience in working with large, global, complex customers.
- Lead the Customer Success Team, Drive Goals, Performance and key metrics to drive retention and expansion
- Meet or exceed performance goals in base, renewal rates and customer retention and expansion
- Drive programs and services across customers that grow and promote adoption, customer health, renewal/expansion, and likelihood to recommend Skillsoft
- Monthly Account Reviews for Renewal/Expires
- Foster cross functional collaboration and culture within the team and with internal partners Team with Sales, Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Product and Engineering
- Assign Customer Success Managers to accounts and balance account assignments for the region
- Drive pro-active application of Account Health Records: pull and collaborate AHR detail for all strategic account planning calls
- Use PBI tool/data – use to drive account reviews
- Manage Customer Escalations/Safeguard/SIM
- Collaboration with Sales Partners: Sales Management; AE's
- Hire, coach, develop and motivate individuals to be strong CS leaders of their business and continuously sell value to the customers
- Succession Planning
- Performance Review: Annual process, quarterly touch points
- CS Manager Meetings: Collaboration and Contributions
- CS Team Meetings: Encourage collaboration and team share
- Manage Employee Performance: Recognition; Appropriate actions for underperformance (candid / critical conversations; process for PIPs)
- Manage special projects that impact the CS organisation
- Ongoing Management Development
- Drive and Monitor CSM Team Certification
- Demonstrate proficiency in internal processes
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess 7+ years in the eLearning industry
- 3-5+ years of management experience in Customer Success, Account Management or related disciplines for a global B2B tech, SaaS or enterprise software business Customer facing experience with large, strategic customers
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrates an exceptional level of customer support to external and internal customers, establishing and growing relationships with all levels with enterprise organisations, influential individuals, managers and C-suite. Strong leadership, business development, and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans
- Expertise in the eLearning Industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers
- Knowledge of current IT and End User technology, Business Skills and Competency Development with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organisation's training needs, talent management and key organisational learning initiatives such as leadership development, management development and professional development
- Expert knowledge in competency framework, needs assessments and ability to advise clients on learning solutions based on Skillsoft’s content library
- Exceptional experience in developing/coaching team members
- Experience with change management and business optimization improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Willing to travel based on customer and business needs
- The manager needs to be completely familiar with the CS Team roles, processes and responsibilities
- Managing a team and processes within a sales region
- Excellent in interpersonal relationships
- Superior consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers, including business owners, sales directors and account executives
- Highly refined presentation skills, both virtual and live, including corporate/executive briefings
- Superior facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, and listen and question effectively
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity and accuracy
- Effective project management and organisational skills
- Superior skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action
- Superior self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and the sales team. In major/global accounts, provide direction and foster teamwork to the Learning Consulting team in the region
- Excellent skills in common MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
WE ARE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO LEADERSHIP, LEARNING, AND SUCCESS. WE EMBRACE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS AND EACH OTHER AS:
- ONE TEAM
- OPEN AND RESPECTFUL
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft is partner to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.