Next Level Customer Advocate (Tier 2)
Greater NYC Area
Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
As a Tier 2 Next Level Customer Advocate you will be handling inbound calls, chats, and email tickets in an omni-channel and multitasking environment. You will be responsible for being a Subject Matter Expert in de-escalating, retention, and sales; as well as a Brand Ambassador for our products and services.
Candidates must be available to work any FT scheduled shift given between the hours of 12:45PM - 9:15PM PST / 3:45PM-12:15AM EST SUN-SAT (with 2 days off weekly). We are open 365 days a year. Expect to work key holidays & weekends. This is a remote position with the expectation of having a dedicated and quiet home workspace.
- Help solve escalated issues through phone, email, or chat (simultaneously)
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and create detailed notes in our admin system
- Provide follow up calls to customers to troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Actively collect insights from customers and focus on closing the communication loop by providing product feedback
- Provide timely updates regarding new trends in support issues
- Develop and document best practices to enhance troubleshooting processes
- Drive business growth and revenue by assisting with any sales inquiries or opportunities to cross sell/upsell
- Have a strong focus on retention by creating opportunities and options for customers interested in cancelling/returning orders
- Be a Subject Matter Expert/Brand Ambassador for all our products
- Continue to build on an already strong CS team culture
- A minimum of 2+ years of customer support, sales, de-escalation and retention experience
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on your own
- Have experience handling a high volume of tickets
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong written communication skills that give you the ability to explain sometimes-complex instructions coherently
- Ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to work each day
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Kustomer, Chat Tools, Zendesk, Google Suite, Slack
- Comfortability and familiarity with working from home and being a self-starter
- Strong conflict resolution, sales, and de-escalation skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability to type at approximately 50+ WPM (ideally)
- Developed skills and refined strategies to turn requests for cancellations and returns into saves and sales opportunities to increase revenue
- Innately sales driven while keeping in mind the true value of the customer
Read Full Job Description