Operations at Policygenius
Are you an early career job-seeker interested in joining a fast-growing insurtech startup? Are you a team-player, a great communicator, and ready to take the wheel on building your career? Policygenius has big goals and you can help us achieve them by joining our rapidly growing team. We are building the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance, and we need your help! Our diverse operations teams are hiring for associates including:
- Case Management
- Customer Success
- Client Experience
- Quoting & Underwriting
Whether you're interested in a customer-facing role or something more back-end, no matter which team you join, Pg-ers thrive on collaboration, creativity, and thoughtful communication with customers as we create a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based. You’ll receive tons of training, 1:1 coaching, your Life or P&C Insurance licensing (don’t worry - we foot the bill!), and join a quickly growing team in Durham, NC as we scale our second HQ. We can’t wait to have you jumpstart your career with us!
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
- You possess strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for interacting with customers whether it’s via phone, email, or chat
- You have customer-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their unique needs
- You’re focused on honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- You’ve got a go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, eagerness to learn, and effective problem-solving skills
- You have a desire to be a member of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- You have the desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
You can expect...
- Your Life or P&C Insurance License and access to other opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- Opportunities for growth and promotion up the organizational ladder as the company continues to scale
- A salaried role (no competitive commissions here!) for a 40 hour work week, with opportunities for incentive bonuses
- Competitive benefits including company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k plan, FSA, commuter benefits, and generous parental benefits
- A custom-designed office in downtown Durham’s new 555 Mangum office space
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!