Sales Development Manager at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a sales minded individual to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Sales Team to sell our revenue cycle management service alongside the OncoCloud™ suite of products and services to clinicians and administrators. As a Sales Development Manager you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of the Flatiron business and our overall operational objectives.
This job requires consultative selling skills, strong communication skills and ability to tell a compelling story to all levels of our client’s organizations, adherence to and participation in the improvement of our sales process, client management and organizational skills, and operational discipline. Being a mission-driven company, the individual should share our passion for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time. We are looking for experienced oncology-focused individuals who are excited about changing the world of oncology and healthcare. In addition, you'll also:
- Develop a deep knowledge of all Flatiron products and services to create customized sales plans.
- Act as the key point of contact for new prospects and lead initial stages with new opportunities.
- Demonstrate the Flatiron product suite to clinicians and clinic leadership in a way that highlights its benefits and speaks to the value it can add to a practice.
- Develop strong client and internal relationships to identify and create new and expanded business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the subject matter experts at Flatiron during the sales process to match customer needs and expectations. Proactive communications with the allied teams is key to the position’s success.
- Demonstrate initiative by engaging in ongoing professional development, maintaining close ties with healthcare groups and industry trends, and deepening knowledge of the competitive landscape to better position our solutions in the marketplace.
- Continuously gather information, analyze and develop strategies concerning client and prospective client business dynamics, including stakeholder management and mapping.
- Create and deliver customized, strategic presentations and proposals.
- Actively collaborate with Marketing and Product Marketing to develop customized marketing plans to target key accounts, and work leads that are generated from that targeting.
This role reports into the Sales Director and will cover oncology clinics and cancer centers across the US.Who You Are
You're a motivated sales-minded professional with 3+ years of experience in an oncology healthcare service offering. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years experience working in the oncology healthcare services area and/or oncology sales.
- Demonstrated track record of outstanding performance in previous roles.
- Relevant experience working with accounts at the C-Suite level.
- Relevant understanding of sales project management, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed sales plans, and organize cross-functional efforts.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal customer-facing teams as part of the sales process.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multitask effectively.
- Passion for our mission to “improve treatment and accelerate research”.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.