Sales Development Representative (NYC) at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Sales Development Representative to help build the top of the sales funnel that will help fuel our Sales organization. You will grow our business by reaching the right people at the right companies at the right time – and then setting up these valuable opportunities for our sales team to close. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You understand outbound sales prospecting across segments and a focus on improving the process of prospecting and lead generation.You Will
- Qualify and develop inbound and outbound sales leads, delivering high-quality, qualified leads to our sales team.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to build regular sales campaigns and systematically improve the lead qualification processes.
- Consistently produce a high level of outbound prospecting activity.
- Run email campaigns to produce new sales prospects.
- Analyze industry trends and segments to create new sources of qualified leads.
- Utilize CRM system to track activity and manage sales opportunities.
- Meet quarterly and annual qualified opportunity goals.
- Maintain an up to date technical understanding of products, solutions, and business value propositions.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully grasp Cockroach Labs' sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have the ability to manage and develop inbound leads effectively.
After 60 days, you'll manage inbound leads and create campaigns for continued engagement.You Have
- Experience collaborating and developing positive business relationships.
- Worked with deadlines, effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Gathered and used data to inform and persuade others.
- Developed compelling strategies that meet targets.
- Experience with CRM-related tools (i.e., Salesforce.com) and lead qualification-related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- 1-2 years previous Lead Generation or Inside Sales Experience.
Jeff Miller - Chief Revenue Officer
Jeff joined Cockroach Labs because every CIO/CTO in the world is trying to make the cloud journey and most of those a hybrid cloud journey and eliminate legacy systems while also meeting new data privacy requirements. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral and will allow customers to handle complex data privacy issues. When he is not helping customers, he loves to spend time with his family, play golf, tennis, and squash, and watch anything Clemson on TV.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]