Sales Development Representative at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Sales Development Representatives are core to our growth strategy and are passionate about cultivating sales opportunities from strategic outbound prospecting efforts into Enterprise organizations. In this role, you will also help drive new revenue for the company by qualifying and coordinating sales meetings for Account Executives with Mid-Market organizations.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is interested in a career in sales, or who would like to refine their current sales skills! We are looking for driven individuals who are looking to kick start their career and contribute to a growing sales organization.
This role has the opportunity to grow into an Account Executive within 12-18 months.
What You’ll Do
- Represent Simon Data’s brand in the marketplace and develop thought-leadership to generate qualified opportunities.
- Source new opportunities through a combination of phone, email, social selling, virtual conferences, and virtual events.
- Assist in Strategic Account conversations from initial contact through evaluation with our AE team.
- Conduct discovery and demo calls for select inbound opportunities and function in a closing capacity, including contract negotiation.
- Research, identify and connect with key partners.
- Work closely with the marketing team to execute demand generation initiatives.
- Attend conferences when necessary and create an amazing first impression, effectively presenting our value propositions to prospective customers.
- Collect and track market intelligence for the AE team, organizing and categorizing sales lead information
- Continually improve your sales skills and stay up-to-date with market developments and new services.
- Exceed monthly and quarterly performance targets
- You are highly motivated, tenacious, and a self-starter.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience ( will consider candidates who are obtaining a degree within the next six months)
- Internship or prior work experience preferred but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with lead generation or sales is preferred but not required
- Experience using LinkedIn for networking
- Interest in learning how to use prospecting tools, such as Salesforce, Outreach, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- High degree of technical aptitude with the ability to effectively leverage our sales acceleration applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a dynamic team both in the office and remote.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize while multitasking.
- Ability to work through change and navigate ambiguity.
- High EQ with a natural inclination to win.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.