Sales Director, New York at Outbrain
Sales Director (Brand & Agency)
Outbrain is seeking a motivated Sales Director focusing on brands & agencies who is ready to make a difference in digital marketing and has extensive experience selling video and programmatic. Entrepreneurially-spirited, this salesperson will be responsible for driving direct revenue by leveraging the industry’s leading content recommendations solutions for brands and advertising agencies in the U.S. Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
For this position we are committed to finding a consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing accounts, source new brand & agency clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners.
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships
- After three months, you will be an expert in content marketing, and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, will have already completed a number of in person client meetings and you’ll have a ton of new in person meetings scheduled.
- After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of new brand and agency business as well have significantly grown a number of key existing accounts
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the sales team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s market penetration with the key brand and agencies within the region.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You’re not a fan of display ads and are passionate about educating brands on a more effective way to engage with their target audience online with content marketing
- You read up on digital marketing in your downtime and know the landscape like the back of your hand (or something you know really, really well)
- You understand how to think consultatively, and can sell our multiple solutions without confusing the overall product messaging
- You are not satisfied unless you are actively hunting and closing new business
- Customer Success Managers are your best friends- you thrive off collaboration
- You’re flexible and don’t mind hopping on a plane for a last-minute meeting or conference
- Excel doesn’t make you sweat- analyzing campaign analytics and metrics will come naturally
- 5+ years of experience in digital sales, digital growth, or an agency environment.
- Extensive experience selling video and programmatic
- Experience working with digital first brands and agencies
- Experience in programmatic, paid social or search is a plus!
- Excellent in-person presentation skills and a background in relationship-building
- Ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads, pursue and close
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and ability to explain product benefits in detail
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals in the digital media space
- Strong analytical skills necessary to monitor and identify campaign performance trends in data and generated reports
- BA/BS degree
Outbrain is the world’s discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world’s internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide. Learn more at www.outbrain.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?