Sales Executive at Canoe
COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Sales Executive
LOCATION: New York, NY
This position is accepting resumes on a rolling basis, so while we may not contact you within a week, we'd love to hear from you to connect at a later date!
Canoe is looking for a Sales Executive to drive client acquisition and revenue growth. You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will be tasked with rapidly accelerating pipeline growth, evangelizing Canoe’s value proposition to the marketplace, and owning the entire open-to-close sales process. You will play a crucial role in growing and scaling the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive revenue growth through new client acquisition.
- Identify, prospect, and close new clients across various segments in line with sales targets and company KPIs.
- Build and manage the sales pipeline from lead generation through to deal closing.
- Evangelize Canoe in the marketplace and, alongside the CRO, create and execute a go-to-market strategy across 10 client segments.
- Lead sales pitches and deliver product demos to all seniority levels within a potential client’s organization.
- Work with Marketing team to cultivate leads and build campaigns within strategic areas of focus.
- Work with Client teams to manage Proofs of Concept and design relevant onboarding plans for new clients.
- Ensure CRM is up to date with relevant notes.
- Set, manage, and communicate prospective client expectations – both internally, and externally with Client and Product teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- Positive attitude, high-energy approach, tireless work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience building and managing a sales pipeline in the FinTech space, preferably selling into allocators, institutional investment, and asset servicing firms.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets in the SaaS technology space, while independently managing all stages of the sales cycle.
- Background in various Client-facing roles: ideally Solutions Consulting, Sales Engineering, or Relationship Management experience prior to Sales roles.
- Strong deal-negotiating skills.
- Desire to work in a revenue-generating role with unlimited sales upside.
- Understanding of the allocator community and alternative investment themes a plus.
- 6-10 years of work experience.
What You'll Get:
- Highly competitive compensation plan, with unlimited upside tied to client acquisition and revenue generation.
- Greenfield market opportunity coupled with land and expand strategic approach.
- Opportunity to develop expertise in alternative investments working across 10 distinct client segments.
- Highly autonomous position perfect for individual contributor capable of building and growing a sales pipeline.
- Ability to impact the company in other areas and wear many different hats for a rapidly-growing technology company with a great culture.
What's the Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, Aptitude Test, In Person Interview(s), and a 30/60/90 Plan
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.