Sales Productivity Manager, Onboarding & Ramp at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Braze is committed to the achievement of sustained peak Sales performance by ensuring world class Sales Productivity. Reporting to the VP of Sales Productivity, this individual will be an integral partner to driving performance within the sales organization. The Sales Productivity Manager - Onboarding & Ramp will guide new sales hires through their onboarding journey leading to faster ramp times. This individual will partner with new sales hires across geographic regions and roles to ensure consistent, high-quality execution of onboarding acting as a strategic partner through their ramp period.
- Act as a guide for new sales hires through the onboarding process
- Coach new sales hires on knowledge, skills, and behaviors throughout their ramp
- Monitor performance and progression toward key ramp goals required for each sales role
- Analyze individual and cohort performance to determine areas of excellence and opportunity
- Communicate data and key findings throughout the onboarding process with sales leadership
- Partner with sales leadership to develop strategies and objectives that lead to the success of each individual
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Enablement organization to develop and manage resources and other assets as required to assist in the onboarding process
- Partner with the central L&D team to improve learning efficiency, consumption of materials, and completion of programs that deliver the highest returns in the shortest time
- Ensure team members have clarity of purpose, the tools required to meet their responsibilities, and an environment conducive to diversity of thought, innovation, and personal and professional growth
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years combined experience in Sales or Sales readiness/productivity/enablement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Subject matter expertise in sales process, methodologies and techniques with demonstrated independent thought leadership.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with senior stakeholders
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Confidence when presenting in front of large groups
- Proven track record of producing and hosting enablement events, leading advanced sales training driving adoption of best practices, and measuring the impact of productivity programs at scale
- Flexibility and ability to pivot to new demands with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and other related systems and processes
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performance teams
- Ability to conduct analyses, translate results to digestible communications including messages and presentations
- Moderate travel
- Business fluent English. Additional languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.