Sales Strategy Skimm'r
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. theSkimm started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The sales team at theSkimm is made up of experienced, resourceful, creative, scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done. We’re seeking an experienced Sales Strategist to lead Ad Product Marketing and Account Services, working closely with Sales, Brand Strategy and Product to build innovative advertising opportunities and best in-class campaigns. The ideal candidate is a proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented person who is passionate about product development, social advertising & revenue strategies, and has a demonstrated track record of building compelling ads packaging across verticals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Day-to-day liaison between Product Producing teams & Sales, influencing and articulating the product road map so theSkimm can better serve our brand partners across all of our digital platforms
- Determine the pricing and packaging for our ad product suite, which spans media, content, social & insights products, with a keen eye for advertisers’ marketing objectives
- Manage overall product taxonomy and be a key partner for the sales organization; educating them on our ad product offerings and packages; arming them with the tools, materials, and knowledge they need to be successful and significantly grow revenue
- Work with sales to find suitable advertisers to test new ad products
- Work with clients, partners, agencies and sales to understand advertiser needs, diagnose and solve pain points, and find ways to increase closed-won rates and sales by improving and expanding upon our existing ad product portfolio
- Manage the process of translating product suite into an ever-evolving media kit and selling guide that the Sales team can take to the marketplace
- Ensure solutions are operationalized across ad ops, pricing, vendors and brands so that solutions are deliverable at scale & positioned to deliver materials revenue impact
- Provide insights into the latest ad serving technologies and capabilities
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Experience working as an internal-facing consultant to creative and technical teams
- A deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products
- Creative, proactive, detailed, responsible and able to work well with a team.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of a variety of industry verticals.
- The ability to effectively prioritize projects and produce results
- Knowledgeable about pricing models leveraged in digital advertising, original content creation / production and distribution
- Expertise in Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered breakfast on Fridays during our HQ Sip’n Skimm and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hours - all times to catch up as a group and wind down from the week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.