Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Senior Product Evangelist to help build the top of the sales funnel that will help fuel our Sales organization, specifically focused on Enterprise accounts. Your objective is to perform pipeline generation activities for Account Executives while utilizing your prospecting expertise in “Allbound” efforts leveraging Marketing, Partnerships and Sales with the end goal of booking meetings and opportunities. You will gain a deep understanding of the Cockroach Labs sales process and will be an expert on how to position CockroachDB to prospects and customers. You must be located in the New York metro area for this role.You Will
- Book meetings with key decision-makers (CIOs, CTOs, Chief Architects) to evaluate CockroachDB
- Be able to conduct meetings with prospective customers without AE and SE oversight
- Create strategic outbound campaigns that are specific to personas and accounts that fit Cockroach Labs ICP
- Act as a triage unit for the Partnerships team taking early stage meetings from partnership accounts
- Update prospecting activities appropriately in Salesforce.com & Outreach.io
- Be a resource for prospects and nurture early stage opportunities not ready for sales
- Build strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders internally
- Attend field events digitally and physically
- Consistently meet and exceed quota expectations
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully grasp Cockroach Labs' sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have the ability to manage and develop inbound leads effectively.
After 60 days, you'll manage inbound leads and create campaigns for continued engagement. After 90 days, you will be generating qualified pipeline for the sales team and hitting or exceeding your targets.You Have
- 2-5 years total experience.
- 1+ year in an SDR/BDR role in a startup environment
- Deep understanding and passion for business and technology
- Deep understanding of database technologies
- Deep knowledge of modern prospecting techniques related to ABM
- Extremely organized and able to manage time effectively
- Achieve and maintain sales pitch certification status
- Experience collaborating and developing positive business relationships.
- Experience with CRM-related tools (i.e. Salesforce.com) and lead qualification-related applications..
Sam Burns - Senior Manager, Sales Development
Sam loves to build high functioning teams that win. He has a track record of developing talent and launching sales careers. With a background in operations and sales he brings the right amount of experience and tact to Cockroach Labs. Sam believes that Sales Development is one of the most important functions in the company as the tip of the spear for the sales team. Outside of work, Sam spends time with his family and riding his bike in the Berkeley hills.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]