Senior Sales Manager
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
To thrive as a member of the Foursquare sales team, your ambition should match our world-changing aspirations. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
About this position:
As the Senior Sales Manager, Brand Partnerships you will be responsible for all sales activity in your assigned territory including brands/agencies at Anheuser-Busch, Revlon, Reckitt, Mediacom & Horizon. In this role you’ll drive sales by vetting, negotiating and building great marketing programs that our Fortune 1,000 clients will love, while managing a group of sellers (we call them Brand Partners) to ensure they achieve their revenue goals. As our product evolves, you'll have the unique opportunity to contribute to our monetization efforts while working with top tier ad agencies and brands in selling Foursquare’s suite of ad products.
You should be both a strong strategic thinker and top-notch sales leader with fine detail orientation. Negotiation and relationship management skills are critical, as is a thorough understanding of the digital media industry; especially location, mobile and audience based selling.
- Manage a team of senior sellers sellers across assigned territory and accounts in order to meet/exceed assigned regional revenue goal
- Prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of ad products into ad agencies and top tier brands
- Oversee senior c-suite relationships for a select roster of major accounts in your territory
- Part of the east coast management team to drive sales strategy across the region
- Develop sales strategies with brand partners to meet/exceed individual revenue goals
- Creating pro-active proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) delivers measurable results for clients
- Building and maintaining a solid revenue pipeline
- Ability to lead people, training, recruiting, coaching, and development of small sales team
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of accountability through performance management
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout your territory
- Forecast, track and report sales performance for direct reports
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Consult with customers and agencies on their marketing needs, and help them understand the Foursquare platform
- Help shape the development of Foursquare’s monetization strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies for brands
- Work closely with members of our world class Account Management and Sales Operations teams to help provide best in-class client services, up-sell and enhance performance for clients
- 10+ years experience in digital media sales
- 3+ years experience in management with multiple direct reports
- Sales/management experience in the mobile/location space and/or the programmatic space, either at a DSP or related ad tech company
- Avid and passionate Foursquare and Swarm user with an interest and desire to compete in our space
- Strong relationships in the NYC based advertising agencies and direct clients
- Strategic thinker that can evangelize and sell products that may be new to marketers
- Proven success meeting/exceeding team’s annual revenue goals greater than $10mm
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Deep relationships within CPG, Retail and QSR/Casual Dining categories
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.