Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
As a Solution Engineer, you will be a key member of our commercial sales team. You will be responsible for owning the technical discussions, product demonstrations, proofs-of-concept and proving out the value of OwnBackup’s solution to our prospects and customers. In addition, you will work closely with our DevOps and R&D teams to channel customer feedback and further product development.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Be an evangelist of the need for enterprises to backup and own their SaaS application data
- Deliver killer product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Deliver POCs that solidify customer commitment to our offerings
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams and help validate functionality
- Maintain a regular Customer feedback channel and provide inputs for product development
- Work closely with Sales to close business and build your brand within the company
- Prefered candidates will have 2+ year(s) experience with the Salesforce platform as an Admin / PreSales / Solution Engineer / Consultant
- Candidates with Solution Engineering, Consulting and/or Customer Support experience outside the Salesforce ecosystem will also be considered
- 1+ year(s) experience in Services and Support roles, such as Customer Success, Professional Services, Sales and/or Consulting
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.