OwnBackup is a leading cloud-to-cloud backup & restore vendor. We provide secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS & PaaS data as well as sophisticated data compare & restore tools for disaster recovery. Our solution complements the SaaS vendor’s (e.g. Salesforce) built-in data-protection mechanisms by covering data loss & corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors, and rogue applications. The solution also provides enterprises with the performance and reporting required to meet compliance regulations in a number of industries.
OwnBackup was co-founded by data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, each with over 15 years experience in their respective fields. We are a top-ranked backup & restore ISV on the Salesforce.com AppExchange, the 2018 Salesforce Appy award winner, and the winner of multiple Demo Jam awards.
OwnBackup Customer Success team is looking for a driven and detail oriented Technical Account Manager. You will have responsibility for a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of their OwnBackup investment. The TAM will have a track record in translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the OwnBackup platform. You will forge relationships with your customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical best practices and act as point of contact for any major incidents, managing the customer’s expectations and communications through resolution of such incidents.
The ideal TAM is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, building relationships, has excellent collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently. The TAM will likely be required to travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s needs.
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities.
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefits customers’ ongoing usage of Salesforce.
- Attain Trusted Advisor status with both key business and technical decision makers.
- Identify key industry business process areas for opportunity to use the Salesforce platform.
- Advocate for innovation and early adoption of platform capabilities with our 3 release yearly schedule through customized release reviews.
- Uncover projects that are fit for our Configuration Services, gather key requirements and act as liaison between the customer and the Configuration Services team.
- Lead Technical Health Reviews and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specifics to customers’ business needs.
- In support of the Customer Success Engineer and Account Manager, monitor and identify trends in Salesforce adoption and utilization, Success Plan adoption and utilization, providing guidance as part of Quarterly Success reviews.
- Proactive liaison and focal point into Salesforce Technology and Product teams and Technical Support Team, to address product feature/technical hurdles.
- Forewarn customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Play a key role in Product and Technical Red Account management and resolution.
- Provide proactive Communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption.
- Participate in issues and act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction
- Provide timely account or issue executive level summary status reports both internally and to the customer.
- Identify and collaborate with internal teams to ameliorate renewal risks for both license and success plans subscriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- Proficient in use and troubleshooting of Salesforce APIs and Salesforce Apex code
- At least 2 Salesforce product certifications
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems scale business.
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Second language is a benefit.
- Ability to travel up to 50%