VP Sales - USA
AB Tasty (www.abtasty.com) helps build the internet of the future by allowing brands to address their users in a personalized way. Images, messages, page structure...everything can be adapted to meet the needs, wishes, and emotions of website visitors or app users. AB Tasty isn't about helping brands to push a hard sell. We're about helping them sell better, by creating more positive consumer and user experiences across digital properties.
We must be on to something, since we're proud to say we have:
- 600+ customers, including Sephora, Land Rover, Cartier, and Ashley HomeStore
- 170+ employees in 6 countries on 3 continents (Americas, Europe, Asia)
- Raised $17 million of series B funding to further grow U.S. operations
- Bonus: we're nice, too, we promise!
2 prerequisites if you want to join the AB Tasty team:
- Be a genuinely nice person! (we take this one seriously, it's half the battle in the recruitment process)
- Have a passion, whatever it may be :)
We are seeking a VP Sales to develop and implement an effective sales strategy. The VP Sales will define the commercial strategy for the Americas on all revenue streams (licenses, services) and channels as well as build the adequate sales organization for the region to implement. The ideal person is a leader who can build and develop the AB Tasty business in the Americas to accelerate AB Tasty market share. You should be passionate about e-commerce, digital marketing and new technologies.
What you will do
- Create a clear, well-defined and understandable set of sales policies and procedures, designed to drive new and additional business sales revenue and maximize client retention. Ensure roll out & adoption of these policies.
- Define key sales profiles and skills. Ensure adequate induction and training is available and used.
- Build regional annual sales plans, budget, and revenue goals.
- Design the Americas commission scheme in line with global Sales and ensure local implementation.
- Build adequate tools and reporting to reflect sales activity and performance.
- Drive innovative and integrated sales programs.
- Align with Marketing to ensure the commercial strategy is integrated with Marketing roadmap, plans, and programs. Ensure Marketing enhances sales readiness tools.
- Represent the Americas sales function on all Global initiatives and tools (eg: Operations, Global Marketing, Finance, Product…)
- Global accounts: develop existing clients and implement all useful initiatives to acquire new global clients.
- Build Americas initiatives to develop sales strategic account programs, cold calling days, and challenges.
- Define a plan to target new customers and new sales opportunities, initiate an action plan to approach and secure new business for the Company.
- Define necessary training paths, commission plans, KPI’s, performance assessment, staff development, induction plan, recognition programs.
- Organize and attend monthly sales reviews with local sales management, as well as bi-annual sales meetings.
- Identify local best practices, develop sharing and adoption in other countries.
- Ensure Americas sales plans are in place along with Founder.
- Recommend, obtain approval and implement an adequate sales organization in countries.
- Attend regularly client meetings at senior levels of large Clients/Prospects as well as external events.
- Work cross-functionally within AB Tasty on a monthly basis: Marketing, Operations, HR etc.
- Provide reporting on the local and consolidated sales performance and sales KPIs to the Americas management team.
- Monitor new business through pipeline management as in SFDC.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of sales management experience in an international environment
- A well-developed understanding of Saas and expert understanding of selling to Mid-Entreprise and middle Market is required.
- Management experience leading an organization focused on performance and results in a matrix environment.
- Possess both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, and ability to analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies.
- Successful track record of managing, leading, and developing people; able to enhance the competency and skill base of the sales organization while simultaneously developing more coherent communications across the company
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional environment with the ability to lead, influence and shape opinion among a peer group of senior managers.
- Proven leadership style, leads by example and promotes continuous development
- Must have outstanding and effective English communication skills (oral and written)
- Align with AB Tasty core values: Customer satisfaction, reactivity, team spirit, enthusiasm
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to legally work in the US (sponsorship not available)