Wealth & Wellness Programs Associate, Life & Disability at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Do you love to problem solve issues for customers? How would you like to be part of a fast growing team with the ability to learn and develop new skills?
We’re helping people by providing them world class benefits and claims processing. Our Life and Disability Insurance is a rapidly growing program at Justworks. Here you’ll have the opportunity to help grow businesses, collaborate with sales & onboarding teams, and improve our internal processes. Be a point of contact for resolving our client issues with our Customer Success teams, all while managing the day-to-day operations with large group benefits.What You Will Work On
- Perform day-to-day operations for disability, life insurance, third party sick pay programs as part of Justworks Benefits Programs
- Resolve benefit inquiries/issues generated by Customer Success and Sales teams within the agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs)
- Triage incoming issues/inquiries to identify need for engineering intervention and escalate accordingly
- Collect customer benefits data and other sensitive information through proprietary systems to enroll customers in third party service offerings
- Resolve employee level benefit requests such as; claims queries, qualifying life event plan changes, new enrollments, etc.
- Develop creative solutions for new issues with assistance from supervisors using available resources and systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Wealth & Wellness Programs Associate, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 1 year of work experience (experience in an operations, onboarding role or customer service related field preferred)
- Knowledge of Excel or equivalent required; SQL knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of employer-sponsored benefit plans strongly preferred
- Knowledge of claims processing or insurance operations a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven and technologically savvy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience breaking down complex concepts to core details
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment