Associate Director, Talent Acquisition (Technology) at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Talent Acquisition
The People Team at Gemini are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for Gemini's company values. Our collaborative team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists. As a member of the People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization, with the opportunity to create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Gemini is looking for a Talent Acquisition leader to play a key role in the strategic growth of several of our key Technology teams. In this role, you will work closely with Technology leadership and the rest of the organization across several key product vertices. Drawing from your deep knowledge and expertise of a broad range of technical spaces (software engineering, data, product, mobile, etc.), you will provide industry insights and advise the business and your team on recruiting approaches. At the same time, you will run multiple searches day-to-day.
In addition to the business-facing aspect of your role, you will also be responsible for leading a growing team of recruiters focused on hiring for our technical teams. You will represent and partner with the broader TA organization, while driving a strategy that is specific to the engineering teams across Gemini. You will be expected to set clear expectations and enable your team to develop strong relationships with their respective hiring managers, surface incredible talent, and act as trusted advisors to the Engineering and broader Technology organization.
This position is full-time remote eligible, and will report to the Director, Talent Acquisition.
- Manage, guide and coach a team of recruiters and sourcers in developing recruitment strategies and hiring amazing technical talent for Gemini
- Recruit active and passive candidates across multiple technology-related searches (e.g. Data, Product, Frontend, Backend, Mobile Engineering)
- Partner with TA Leadership, Gemini’s DEI team, and People Ops Business Partners to create and execute sophisticated recruiting strategies geared towards building a diverse and inclusive workforce workforce
- Participate at a team level on broader TA team projects and initiatives to enhance recruiting at Gemini
- Proactively identify and assess talent using a variety of creative sourcing methodologies (e.g. Gem, LinkedIn, Vettery)
- Create successful sourcing campaigns and provide data-driven recommendations to team members and key stakeholders
- Partner closely with hiring managers to derive mutually agreeable selection criteria, receive and take action on feedback, and deliver a consistently high level of customer service
- Offer suggestions, new ideas or alternatives to improve or modify work processes
- 5+ years of management experience, leading high performing TA teams
- 8+ years of recruiting and sourcing experience, preferably in a high-growth or startup environment
- Proven ability to successfully identify, manage, and engage with exceptional candidates in high growth environments
- Proven track record of continuous improvement through problem solving and producing solutions
- Knack and passion for developing recruiting strategies that will propel our efforts to increase representation within the engineering organization
- Superior attention to detail, with strong multi-tasking and organization skills
- Strong sense of urgency, with proven ability to act swiftly under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Experience managing applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Experience and passion for using quantitative data do guide day to day decisions, report progress to stakeholders, and justify recommendations
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.