Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: People Operations
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Associate, Global Immigration and Mobility
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Associate, People Operations, Global Mobility and Immigration, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources with a primary focus on full cycle sponsorship for incoming new hires and current employees and relocation for current employees within our global network. You will play a critical role in ensuring that our sponsorship processes are thorough, there is clear communication between candidates or current employees, outside counsel and (hiring) managers, and that compliance is top of mind when processing paperwork and finalizing any processes related to mobility. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, mature and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Coordinate and track critical strategic immigration projects on a consistent basis for both incoming new hires and current employees
- Manage projects, draft stakeholder communications/materials, execute on immigration data reporting, and oversee organization of essential paperwork
- Act as point of contact for Talent Acquisition and People Operations on matters related to mobility and immigration and to understand divisional goals, objectives and current projects to assess sponsorship needs
- Interface with outside counsel; keep abreast of constantly shifting Immigration landscape and impact on business functions and effectively communicate changes to manager
- Manage the I-9 and e-Verify process for incoming employees
- Execute daily administration of U.S. and international immigration-related tasks
- Help to monitor and progress all sponsorship cases, identify long-term sponsorship issues, and maintain internal records to ensure transparency for involved stakeholders
- Assist in the completion of quarterly audits to ensure maintained compliance
- Generate quarterly reports on the state of the sponsorship program
- Deliver a best in class experience for incoming and existing employees requiring sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in workforce
- 3+ years of US immigration and/or global mobility experience
- Experience serving as the primary point of contact between the employer, visa attorneys, and sponsored candidates/employees
- End-to-end project management experience with US-specific visa cases for both candidates and employees, including: OPT/CPT/STEM, EAD, H-1B cap cases & transfers, E, TN, and Green Cards
- Ability to analyze data and make sound judgments that maintain compliance with government regulations and Gemini’s firm policies
- Ability to draft supplemental materials related to visa cases, such as job descriptions, letters of support, and RFE materials
- Proactive and “no task is too big or too small” approach to work; ability to roll up sleeves
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to understand when to escalate issues as they arise
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to collaborate with a willingness to learn
- Flexibility to work across multiple immigration projects and adapt to changing priorities in a high-growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience administering a global relocation program is a plus
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Google Suite
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.