What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Strategize: Act as a strategic partner to the CEO and executive team and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues and serve as a coach for the members of the management team.
- Develop: Lead the development and evolution of our team and culture, creating an employee experience, compensation strategy, and learning and development program that keeps our amazing workforce effective, motivated, and engaged.
- Manage: Build and develop our people operations team in a way that is seen as an example of a company that’s getting it right.
- Innovate: Help us define the future of work as we evolve our remote-first model, learning from the best practices of other companies but adjusting to fit what works for our team.
- Grow: Expand our recruiting function and build our employer brand as we look to expand the team by 50% over the next year, with each new hire raising the bar.
- Coach: Scale our management and leadership training programs to ensure our team is led by managers who have the skills and experience to develop their teams.
- Lead: Lead the diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging programs that mean a great deal to our employees and the broader Skillshare community.
Why we’re excited about you:
- Building high-performing teams: You have a framework for how companies turn good teams into great teams and can refine and extend that model at Skillshare.
- Scale: Your experience scaling organizations beyond 200 employees and across international markets will ensure we understand where we are going over the next several years
- Public company experience: You’ve worked in a public company, and ideally taken a company through IPO, and understand some of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with the territory
- Talent magnet: You know how to bring the best talent to Skillshare, and then set up the culture, opportunity, and compensation to keep them happy, productive, and growing over the long term.
- Strategic and operational expertise: You will bring experience and insight to the exec and board meetings that go well beyond your day job and people operations.
- Inspiring and thoughtful communications: Your ability to craft the right message to the team in both good times and bad will help us stay aligned and focused.
Why you want this job:
- Growth: There will never be a dull moment - we have a long list of opportunities and high-class problems to tackle; from evaluating long-term capital direction (IPO? SPAC? Stay private?) to international expansion to new lines of business, you’ll help us develop our strategy and build the team to execute on it.
- Impact: There aren’t many growth companies with a strong platform, subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. It’s hard to find a company that is both a positive influence on the world and phenomenal business.
- Team: You’ll be a key member of an executive team that is more than capable of taking the company to the next stage of growth and beyond.
- Community: We have a large and uniquely passionate community of teachers and students -- 15% of our NPS comments contain the word “love”. Our platform changes people at their core.
- Board and investors: We have one of the most supportive boards around. We are very proud to be backed by OMERS Growth Equity, Union Square Ventures, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Spark Capital, and their networks have paid big dividends for Skillshare.